Make Adultery Illegal in all 50 States!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 111: Revenge

Lately, I've been wanting to get revenge on my former AP. I sit here and think how dare he not suffer like my husband and I have!
I told my psychiatrist about this and she asked me what revenge on him would accomplish. Would I really be happy inflicting pain on him? Yea, I might be but that's not my main concern. My main concern is how he would retaliate against me. It would be a never ending circle of disasters. Besides, I don't want him back in my life in any way. An "eye for an eye" doesn't justify revenge.
Why do we want revenge? To teach someone a lesson in how "it" feels. "It" meaning the feeling of pain, suffering, and hurt. Revenge is a mistake for the simple fact that you're putting energy into the devil. You're giving the devil power. You're feeling evil like he does.
Better to take away the devil's power by ignoring him. The devil wants you to get revenge on him because that tells him that you still care about him.
The best revenge is to live happily with Jesus in your life. Let the devil burn in his own  hell.

The one horrible fact that I didn't consider when I had an affair is the negative effect it has on SO MANY people.
I was ok with it because I was in denial that anyone would get hurt. How selfish and thoughtless. How disgusted I am with myself about that.
Just like I was ok with "he who shall not be named"'s embezzlement. It's because I didn't stop to think the effect it had on people he didn't even know. What if someone lost their job because he embezzled all that money? If they had kids and a house to pay for? A flood of consequences that we don't think about when we sin.
Revenge, too, has negative consequences. Turn your focus to the angel and ignore the devil. This will piss him off!!

Romans 12:18-20

18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it[a] to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment