Make Adultery Illegal in all 50 States!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 13: The Little Red Hen

Yesterday my youngest daughter read me "The Little Red Hen". We all know that story, right? Everyone refuses to help the little red hen until they smell the freshly baked bread. So, the little red hen did everything herself and then reaped the reward.......rightly so. It just got me thinking how I am always searching for instant gratification. The instant "high". Where and when did I learn to devalue quality and focus on quantity?
My mind is so powerful and it's also my worst enemy. They are just "thoughts". They are not fact or truth.
I hate seeing somone hit someone else. It's like my heart is being squeezed and I can't breathe. I saw on the news a story about a judge who rules on domestic abuse cases and, at night when no one is looking, he beats his daughter. They showed a clip of him beating her. I kept thinking, "How can anyone BE like that?" But did I not "beat the hell" out of my husband by having an affair?
I also kept thinking that I hope my kids never have to deal with being hit. But they will, even if it's not physical, it will be emotional. Then how do I protect them?
When do we let go and allow them to be independent like the little red hen? How could I think that commiting suicide would solve anything? Yes, it would take my pain away but it would cause everyone else so very much heartache. How could I protect my children if I wasn't alive? I couldn't. So, once again, I need to stop being so selfish. Life needs to be about my kids now. We all need to step up and help the little red hen OR if we are the little red hen, then learn to survive on our own. We need to learn to love being with ourselves..........like the little red hen did. Then our addictions will fade.
What steps do you take in fighting your addictions?

Philippians 2:4

Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment