Make Adultery Illegal in all 50 States!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 21: Let it Go Where it May

Letting go and believing in God has always been difficult for me because I can't "see" proof that God exists. So, how am I supposed to keep faith? I like to think of it as a helium balloon. You let it go into the sky knowing it will go where it may. Eventually, when the helium runs out, it will land somewhere "permanent". I am trying to trust in God that when I let my balloon go, he'll direct it in the "good" direction. A lot of it depends on me though. We have the "free will" to decide when, where, and how we will let the balloon go.
I was not smart with my free will. I held on to the balloon and tried not to break it when all the while it was shrinking and slowly leaking helium. Now I must let it go before all the helium runs out and trust that God will lead it where it's supposed to go. Do we really have any control over our fate? We can only "control" so much.
Let the helium of God's love lift you up and carry you when you need it. Trust that he'll set you down in a place free of evil.
How do you continue to believe in God?
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
   and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
   and he will make straight your paths.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment